Wednesday 18 April 2012

7 x 7 Link Award


Many thanks to both Claire over at Cinematic Delights and Maynard at his Horror Blog for passing this award on to me. I should also apologise to Claire because she sent it to me about 3 weeks ago and I'm only just getting round to writing! From my point of view it was silly to wait this long, one of the stipulations of this award is to pass it on to 7 other bloggers, and now of course most of the cool people I know have already received it. Bugger.  The rules are as follows:

Rule #1:
Tell everyone something that no-one else knows about you.

One of my first film-related memories was being terrified by the wicked witch in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs! This would be early 80s so one of the Disney re-releases, and I would have been 6 or 7.

Rule #2:
Link to one of the posts that you personally think best fits the following categories:

Most Beautiful Piece:


I'm not sure that any of my posts have been beautiful per se, but given how stunning the film is, I'm going to say my review of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
http://filmsrruss.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/2001-space-odyssey-1968.html

Most Helpful Piece:
I've never written anything with hints, tips, or tricks, but my Game of Shadows review helped someone discover how amazing the BBC series Sherlock is!
http://filmsrruss.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/sherlock-holmes-game-of-shadows-2011.html

Most Popular Piece:

With almost 5000 views there is no doubt that my review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 has the most hits. Though it was only really when part 2 came out that the page views started rolling in.
http://filmsrruss.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/harry-potter-and-deathly-hallows.html

Most Controversial Piece:
I don't think that any of my writing is particularly controversial; the only thing I could think of that would fit this category is my quick deconstruction of the Burly Brawl in Matrix Reloaded.
http://filmsrruss.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/sunday-scene-matrix-reloaded.html

Most Surprisingly Successful Piece:
When I watched 4 films during 2 long-haul flights I quickly wrote a paragraph about each one, more for completeness sake rather than anything else (you can't really appreciate a film on a plane), but it generated a lot of interest.
http://filmsrruss.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/in-flight-movies.html

Most Underrated Piece:



I really love Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, so I really enjoyed writing this review, but it has only ever has 69 views!
http://filmsrruss.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/butch-cassidy-and-sundance-kid-1969.html

Most Pride-Worthy Piece:
This was difficult, I couldn't think of anything that I was particularly proud of, but it occurred to me that it's always fun to really rip into a film that you didn't enjoy.  Because of this I chose my Dark of the Moon piece, a really sucky film!

Rule #3:
Pass this award on to 7 other bloggers

Tom at Movie reviews by Tom Clift
Tom Gooderson-A'Court over at At The Back
D. B. Borroughs at Unseen Films
M. Hufstader at The Smoking Pen
Paragraph Films
Bubbawheat over at Flights Tights and Movie Nights
Nostra at My Film Views

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination. It's the second one I received for this award, but have not had the time yet to write something. Would be pretty hard to pick out articles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it wasn't until I got my second nomination when I actually wrote this. I took me almost a month to get round to it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tag! I'll have to get on this. And I'm officially checking out your Butch and Sundance review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome; and Yay get reading about Butch and Sundance, what a brilliant film.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I admit that the wicked witch creeped me out too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I was less scared of the ghost in the library at the beginning of Ghostbusters! I'd have been 8 when I saw that at the cinema!

      Delete
  4. Should have commented here a while ago, thanks for the plug. Here's my contribution to the award - http://bubbawheat.com/2012/04/24/seven-by-seven/

    ReplyDelete