Sunday 19 September 2010

Napoleon Dynamite



I'm not sure I can really begin to review this film it's so random, but so cool.

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder) is a high school kid, somewhere in the mid-west I guess, I don't think that is confirmed. The plot generally (in an aimless kinda way) revolves around Napoleon helping new kid Pedro (Efren Ramirez) become class president.

Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.



Also Napoleon has to deal with his random family:

Napoleon Dynamite: Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.
Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Napoleon Dynamite: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.

and girls:

Napoleon Dynamite: Well, nobody's going to go out with *me*!
Pedro: Have you asked anybody yet?
Napoleon Dynamite: No, but who would? I don't even have any good skills.
Pedro: What do you mean?
Napoleon Dynamite: You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.


And then there's this:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2006172

Pure Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment